Friday, June 19, 2009

Manpuku!

My family and I decided to head down to Tampines 1 since their opening was so long ago and we didn't get a chance to go down (cos of exams and stuff). My mom heard about the restaurant hall that sold a wide range Japanese food, and we were are really excited to go down! (they're sorta put together by ajisen)

upon reaching tampines, we realised we don't know where tampines 1 was! which was rather silly, since it's just on the opp. side of the mrt station. after finding it, the problem was car park! maybe going down on a friday was not the best idea as it was really crowded! my mom had to hunt for a parking lot, and with lady luck on our sides, we manage to find one real quick albeit the long queue.

we went to shop around a little, went to the 2nd storey and checked out 'uniqlo' which was supposedly a popular casual wear store in japan. Much to my dismay, i really wasn't very attracted to anything there, but i may have been bias since shopping isn't something i enjoy doing.

we spotted 'Manpuku' on the 3rd storey, which was great cos we were actually starting to wonder where it was. The first thing i noticed was the 'please collect your queue number here'. This made me wonder if we were suppose to queue up and wait to be seated, or wait in line to collect a queue number and then wait till they call our number to be seated. Though the latter was redundant, it really did feel like that was what it was trying to say. Nevertheless, it caused a little problem for my family and my mom asked the waiter. and well, we realised it was queue up and wait to be seated.

now, why didn't they just wrote that? tsktsk.

the moment you enter, the ambience is rather mesmerising. The cosy feeling due to the yellow lighting and the welcoming sight of fruit tart that caught my attention. This felt like a good start to a great experience. However, this did not last long.

btw, the photos are rather blur cos i was too hungry to take a decent photo. sorry haha





















I didn't manage to get a photo of the strawberry chocolate tart & prawn okonomiyaki that we ate too!

Overall, it isn't the best japanese food I've tasted. Decent enough, but not that great, however, the price was quite steep considering there's no service charge involved. My family of 5 chalked up a hefty $140 approx. This is rather expensive since the food doesn't really have the 'wow' factor to it! The range of food can be found rather easily and the tart, which i really had high expectations of did disappoint me quite a bit.

Though I wouldn't mind returning to try the other food, but frequent visits would be rare.

10 Tampines Central 1
#03-16/19
Tampines 1
Tel: 6789 6810

http://www.ajisen.com.sg/Manpuku/



No comments:

Post a Comment