Sunday, May 3, 2009

Yamakawa Super!

The number 1 snacks i love the most are Japanese snacks! Actually, i Love all kinds of japanese food! be it snacks, ramen, sushi, udon, unagi.. you name it, i love it! Not only are the food delicious, they are soo cute and the packaging really attracts your attention!

Admit it! Everytime you see a pocky, yan yan, hello panda or even mochi, it's just so cute! but those are just the normal kinds you can find in Singapore Supermarkets! Imagine a mountain of Japanese snacks that's oh-so-difficult to find in conventional supermarkets! 

Well, you can easily find it at Yamakawa Super @ The Central! The very first time I stepped into this convenience store, my reaction was "Oh My Gosh!!". I've never seen sooo many Japanese brands located in a single store in my 17+years of life! I was overjoyed yet terribly sad! because i've finally found the best japanese snacks store but i'm BROKE! No money to pay for all this food!

But luck was on my side, because I ended up in that shop again when I went to eat at Ramen Santouka! And this time, my mom was there with me! and look at the stash of food I bought home!! =D



can you see the amount of snacks?! the sight of it is heavenly!haha and they even provide us with the recyclable red bag which has its logo- Yamakawa Super. Well, seeing so many snacks, it's normal to wonder how much it cost. It chalked up to a grand total of $79.40! I know you're going to think it's really expensive, but my mom has confirmed that this place sells their things at prices lower than supermarkets!! Hence, the $79.40 was totally worth it! But rmb, this store is CASH ONLY!

Cos we didn't see the sign and ended up loading a hill of snacks! plus, my mom only had $79.10 with her! but the Cashier was awesome! he deducted 40cents off our tab!!haha



This is the legendary Ramune drink- the one that contains a marble in the glass bottle!(sorry about the ugly background haha) I am unable to find it anywhere in Singapore after it disappeared a few years ago! I was overjoyed when I saw this and immediately grabbed it!haha



this is honestly nothing fancy, it's just coke and F&N Grape in an extraodinarily adorable packaging!haha according to my sister,  the Fanta Grape is really 'hot' in Japan!haha which is the main reason why she bought this!my bro just loves coke, so no surprise about the coke!haha



now, everyone knows what is this right!haha if you've watched Doraemon, this is the well-known Doriyaki! It's filled with red bean like the note on the packaging "100% Hokkaido bean"!! this can be found in supermarkets, but since we're there already, might as well just buy it along the way!haha


Pocky with Hazelnut flavour and Kit Kat with Cookies in it! It's really hard to find all these in a normal convenience store! And that Pink Ice cream cone biscuit! How long ago was it the last time I actually ate that!haha it was actually pretty good! my sis & bro loved that ice cream cone biscuit!it's strawberry flavour on the outside and chocolate in the inside!!



Haven't really tried those three yet! But it looked pretty, so we bought it!haha my mom wanted to try Jap cereal, so we just bought one box to eat!(which sadly, hasn't been opened yet!haha)


I love the norifuri!(small packet of toppings on the top left hand corner) After you sprinkle a little on top of your rice, it makes the rice much more fragrant and your food will taste more appetising! The instant miso soup is really delish! My mom always makes that for us and it actually tastes better than those powdered kind where you just pour hot water in! The japanese Pancake!! I've been looking for those for a really long time! Finally found it!!haha the last one is seaweed that can be found almost everywhere but my bro insists on getting it!haha

I'm beginning to like going to The Central! With all these Jap things, it's really a great place to go! Esp. the B1 Central Market where all the less pricey stuff are located!haha should really visit this place if you like Jap food!(: they have other cool stuff too! eg. my mom bought a $15 shoes on one of our visits there!haha

I'll definitely go back to stock up my supplies of Jap snacks! =)

p.s. it's advisable to go there by bus, cos the ECP really kills ppl! my mom had to pay $2.50 worth of ECP just by driving one-way into city!

Yamakawa Super
Central
6 Eu Tong Sen Street
#B1-28B
Tel: 6534-9518


No comments:

Post a Comment