Thursday, May 7, 2009

Pachi-Pachi Japanese Restaurant


Pachi-Pachi is not exactly the most eye-catching restaurant, since it is quite difficult to be spotted as it seems to blend in so well with the other restaurants. My friends & I actually 'stumbled' across this restaurant after getting tired of eating the same food found near my school. Although it seems pretty popular with the staff working in the buildings nearby, I thought Pachi-Pachi had less customers than expected.

The place felt relatively small the first time I stepped in. With 2 tables for six pax, 2 tables for two pax and 1 table for four pax. But, you can't judge the food just bcos the restaurant is small, can you? And if you're looking for authencity, the Lady Boss will definitely leave you at peace. One main reason being, she's Japanese! =D


As seen in the menu, Pachi-Pachi does not have a very large variety compared to restaurants like Waraku as there are only 2 ppl in-charge of the restaurant.

Chicken Teriyaki Donburi

Just thinking about the teriyaki chicken makes me drool. The sweet tasting sauce with the aroma of japanese rice lingering around you. It's no wonder I've been to this restaurant at least three times. To me, I think the Rice plays a crucial factor to the whole meal. If the rice was badly made, that particular meal would have been lost.


Unagi Donburi

This is my set, and I thought it was good. Not great, but reasonably well made. (I have a weak spot for eels, cos it's so delicious!) Like the teriyaki chicken, the sauce for the eel was great. Not too sweet or too salty, which really made my day cos I hate it when the sauce overpowers the food. Likewise, the rice was fragrant too! But if you don't like soft bones, this is definitely not a good choice.

Salmon Teriyaki Donburi

This was my friend's set, which I didn't get to try. Maybe I'll try it the next next time I go over! Cos I'm saving my next meal for the chicken teriyaki!haha

The tofu which comes with the meal came as a surprise to me, cos i've nvr eaten cold tofu. (Never had the guts to try haha) However, this was a good change but it is advisable to eat the tofu first as tofu has a very mild taste.

This is the ice cream that comes with the set. Today's was cookies and cream, but they do change the flavour. The other flavour is a blueberry + strawberry kinda taste, I couldn't really tell what it was. Though this is not any top notch ice cream, the dessert was very satisfying as it gives a kind of 'complete-ness' to the meal.

From the front of the restaurant, the first thing that can be seen is 'Okonomiyaki'. This word came from two parts, mainly:

Okonomi meaning 'What you Like' and 
Yaki meaning 'grilled/cooked'

I've yet to try this dish cos the 'Yakisoba' didn't leave the best impression.

I went down once to try the Yakisoba with shrimp & egg. It was passable, but I found it a tad oily as I could literally feel the oil when eating it. Didn't really like it, as I felt that the Donburi's were much better.

Basically, this is a great restaurant to come to with reasonable price and a filling meal. (If you're a big eater, that's another case haha) =D

Pachi-Pachi Japanese Restaurant
#01-12 Cuppage Plaza
Tel: 68364045
Opening Hours: Noon-3pm, 6pm-10pm daily

1 comment:

  1. Do you know where it had moved to?

    The shop had been replaced with another restaurant few months ago..

    ReplyDelete